Experienced Pennsylvania Patent Lawyers Represent Inventors and Businesses
Determined attorneys assist clients in the Philadelphia area with patent applications and protections
An inventor has the right to reap the rewards resulting from a new idea. If you have created an invention or a valuable improvement for an existing product, registering your patent could provide you with vital protections relating to your creation. At Caesar Rivise, PC, we help inventors at all stages of patent filing. To help you make a legally enforceable claim to your idea, our office will conduct extensive research to document the originality of your work. We can also help you navigate the patent filing process, including by helping you handle all necessary paperwork and documentation.
Knowledgeable advocates advise clients on patent types and value
A patent is granted by the U.S. Patent Office for a specific time period that allows the filer to retain exclusive rights to their invention.
Patents are grouped into three different classifications depending upon their form. Our attorneys have the knowledge to help you with:
- Utility patents — This class of patent covers machines, chemical formulas, compounds and manufactured goods.
- Design patent — A patent can be granted for an original, ornamental design for a manufactured product.
- Plant patent — If you develop or discover and asexually reproduce a new variety of plant, you can seek a plant patent.
The attorneys at Caesar Rivise, PC will help you understand which patent process makes the most sense for your invention and your business.
Dedicated legal counselors perform research and register patents
To qualify for patent protection, your invention or improvement must exhibit the following characteristics.
- Novel — Your design or improvement must be original, not previously known or used by others.
- Nonobvious — Your design or invention must be different enough from an existing one that the differences are not obvious ones — that someone skilled in the relevant field would view it as an unexpected or surprising development.
- Useful — Your creation must have a function.
The attorneys at Caesar Rivise, PC can meticulously review your invention with an eye for your eligibility based upon these three primary factors. We will then conduct a thorough patent search to determine whether a similar design has already been registered.
If your design or invention appears to be unique, our attorneys will walk you through the complex process of preparing your application, including creating essential drawings and descriptions. While waiting for your patent to be issued, your invention is marked patent pending, thereby affording you substantial protections.
Contact meticulous Pennsylvania intellectual property attorneys for help with your patent
Your ideas and inventions are valuable. If you want to patent your work, take time to seek guidance from an experienced patent attorney who can guide you through the process and protect your invention. Call Caesar Rivise, PC at 215-392-0455 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Philadelphia office.